Chinese Culture Camp
3rd Annual Chinese Culture Camp!
Our summer camp is back by popular demand again this year. The Chinese Culture camp is aimed at helping American and overseas Chinese children learn some basic Chinese language and to acquire an understanding of the richness of Chinese culture.
Each day has a schedule packed with slightly different activities! The range of activities offered include:
- A brief introduction to Chinese history and geography
- Learn some basic Chinese language along with the written characters
- Experience traditional crafts such as Chinese knotting, painting, calligraphy, paper-making, and finger printing
- Story-telling with Chinese tales and children’s videos
- Chinese games and outdoor play with kites and yoyos
- Samplings of Chinese foods such as dumplings and jiaozi
Through a fun- filled and interactive environment we hope to provide a meaningful and interesting experience for our campers. We hope that the lessons learned and the greater understanding of China obtained will serve our campers throughout their lifetimes.
Location: UM campus location is to be determined
- Session 1: June 25 – 29 (M – F)
- Session 2: July 16 – 20 (M – F)
Times: 9am to 4pm daily
Ages: from 5 to 13 years
Price: $250 per week per child
To enroll: contact Rebecca McGinnis at 301.405.0213 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Download the registration form and email it to email@example.com