1. Type your name below where it says "Enter your name here." Then click "Chat" to begin a chat session. You will see "I'm not logged in." if the service is unavailable at this time.
2. The advisor will start the session by introducing her/himself.
3. If the advisor cannot answer one of the questions, s/he will offer to answer the question by e-mail or to make an appointment for you.
4. Because we cannot verify your identity, we will not answer specific questions even when you provide us with personal information.
5. No international admissions questions will be answered. We are not able to provide answers to questions about admissions requirements, receipt of documents, transcript evaluation, or transfer credits.
Student Chat Policy:Student Chat is a service offered to current UMCP international students. Because the service is provided by student advisors, only current student and alumni policies and procedures will be provided.
Scholar Chat Policy:J-1 Faculty/Scholar chat is a service offered to current and prospective international visitors in the J-1 visa classification at the University of Maryland, as well as to the departments wishing to host a J-1. This chat applies to you if you are interested or participating in the J-1 Research Scholar, Short Term Scholar, Visiting Professor, Intern or Trainee program.
10:30am - 12:30pm, Monday - Friday
9:30am - 11:30am, Monday - Friday