Selecting a university is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. It not only determines where you will study and live for the upcoming years but it will also establish a path to your future.
Locating a university that best suits your academic as well as personal needs is critical to your success. We invite you to explore more about the University of Maryland, College Park's academic programs, admission process and campus.
Here are features that make the University of Maryland an excellent choice:
- Diverse academic specializations in over 120 different undergraduate degrees and 112 graduate degrees and professional programs. In 2005, 32 UM programs were ranked in the top 10 nationally, 51 in the top 15, 67 in the top 20.
- Distinguished faculty involved in everything from physics to policy studies to poetry.
- Exceptional facilities and resources including eight libraries, innovative research centers and laboratories, and a performing arts complex located on 17 acres.
- Fabulous opportunities for involvement with hundreds of registered student groups on campus, including many ethnicity- and nationality-based organizations
- Centrally located near the nation's capitol with quick access to famous cultural and historic sights, free entertainment, and opportunities to interact with influential political and non-governmental organizations.